A capture from my first time on the top of Bernal Heights Hill in San Francisco. Unbelievable views.
A bedroom tour I shot was featured on Style Me Pretty Living, see the full gallery here: http://www.stylemepretty.com/living/2013/04/29/alexandra-kaehlers-pink-black-bedroom/
Some new work is up on @Refinery29 - stories curated by stylist @lizschneider_
Spring 2013 at L2O in Chicago.
It’s always a pleasure and honor to shoot the beautiful creations @RestaurantL2O
One thrilling thing to me about being in another country is noticing the similarities among me and others, not only the differences. These images are about ‘just going about a day’. What I find interesting, even special, is someone else’s everyday. We all read news, use transit, see the sunset — but my ability to see the beauty in these everyday activities is so heightened when I travel.
I leave for India for 2 weeks this Sunday. My heart is fluttering with excitement & anticipation. I’ve prepared as much as I could - new photo backpack, a 35mm lens investment, lots of film to shoot slowly. I hope to make work that reflects my long and complicated relationship to a country that’s half who I am and so little of how I live.
2012 was a fantastic year, I was able to:
· TRAVEL MORE Nevada, Minnesota, California, New York, Wisconsin
· SHOOT FILM with a beautiful gently used mamiya
· SEE A MUSICAL and be the youngest person there
· DOCUMENT MY FAMILY especially the newest members
· MEET MORE CREATIVES that inspire me everyday.
· VOLUNTEER and make more time for others
· GO TO CONCERTS outdoor, indoor, loud and soft.
· FALL IN LOVE and believe in love.
· BAKE even just a little &
· RUN A HALF MARATHON for two and half hours !!!
In 2013 I hope to:
· GET STRONGER with the help of a personal trainer
· READ MORE printed materials — things that aren’t blogs
· MAKE A PHOTO ESSAY in India or elsewhere
· WRITE SOMETHING EVERY WEEK and reflect more to remember
· HANG PHOTOS in our home, of our loved ones
· LEARN from an expert, be unafraid to admit when I don’t know
· SAY THANK YOU and make others aware of their greatness
· VISIT MORE GALLERIES and get inspired off the web
· GET A LIBRARY CARD and borrow more photo books
· TRY A NEW PHYSICAL CHALLENGE by doing a mini triathalon